• Any person using the Hotel Lumen Paris Louvre website for the purpose of making a reservation must be at least 18 years old and have the capacity to enter into contracts in accordance with the law. For a minor to stay at the hotel without adults a parental permission is required.
• The Customer may make individual reservations for up to five (5) rooms per reservation for his or her own personal use.
• For all reservations for business groups, meetings, seminars or other, please contact the Reservation Department. For any reservation identified on the site of more than five (5) rooms, the Hotel reserves the right to modify the price and the general conditions of sale.
• Any reservation or payment that is irregular, inoperative, incomplete or fraudulent for a reason attributable to the Customer will result in the cancellation of the reservation at the Customer's expense, without prejudice to any civil or criminal action against the Customer.
These general terms and conditions of sale define the rights and obligations of the parties in the context of the remote reservation of services offered by Hotel Lumen Paris Louvre. They apply to all reservations made by Internet via the Hôtel Lumen Paris Louvre website. Hotel Lumen Paris Louvre reserves the right to supplement or modify these terms and conditions of sale at any time by publishing a new version on its website, which will automatically apply as soon as it is put online. The general terms and conditions of sale applicable are those in force on the date of the reservation.
• The Customer chooses the services presented under his or her sole responsibility, without the responsibility of Hotel Lumen Paris Louvre being sought. He/she shall ascertain the nature, destination and terms of the reservation. The Customer acknowledges that he/she has received the necessary advice and information to ensure that the offer is suited to his/her needs in order to make a reservation with full knowledge of the facts.
• The Customer must, at the time of placing his order:
• -Fill in the identification form on which he will indicate all the requested details or give his Customer number if he has one,
• -Fill in the online order form giving all the references of the products or services chosen,
• -Confirm the order after checking it,
• -make payment in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth and confirm the order and payment in the case of a prepaid plan, or provide the Hotel Lumen Paris Louvre with his/her bank account information in the case of a flexible plan.
• The hotel reserves the right to cancel reservations if the customer does not comply with the terms of sale requested.
• Confirmation of the order implies acceptance of these terms and conditions of sale, acknowledgement of full knowledge of them, and waiver of the customer's right to invoke his or her own terms and conditions of purchase or other conditions.
• All the data provided and the recorded confirmation will be worth proof of the transaction. The confirmation shall be deemed to be a signature and acceptance of the operations carried out.
• The Hotel shall send the Customer, by any means (e-mail, simple mail, fax, etc.), confirmation of the recorded order.
• The reservation shall not be binding until the Hotel or the partner websites and agencies (Online Tourism Agencies) through which the reservation was made have sent confirmation to the Customer.
• The prices pertaining to the booking of services are indicated on the site in VAT per room for the number of person(s) and date selected and confirmed at the time of booking.
• If the debit at the Hotel is made in a currency other than the one confirmed on the reservation, the exchange fees are to be paid by the Client.
• Unless otherwise stated on the website, additional services (breakfast, massages, etc.) are not included in the price and are displayed separately.
• The tourist tax, shown on the rates page, is to be paid directly at the hotel.
• The prices take into account the VAT applicable on the day of the order. Any change in the applicable VAT rate will automatically be reflected in the prices indicated on the date of invoicing.
• The conversion in foreign currency can be given as an indication and is not contractual. Only the currency confirmed in Euro at the time of booking is guaranteed. All payments are made in Euro.
• The rates, terms and conditions of reservations are intended for the sale of hotel rooms in accordance with their primary purpose: accommodation. The hotel reserves the right to modify or cancel the reservation(s), as well as the rates and conditions if the rooms are used for other purposes such as parties, dinners, meetings, photo or video shoots, filming of movies or interviews, written or filmed interviews, shootings for social networks, showrooms etc... (non exhaustive list) without prior written authorization from the management. The number of guests in the rooms may not exceed the number of people booked and may not exceed the maximum capacity of the rooms declared to the Prefecture of Police of Paris (declaration available from the hotel management).
• The Client communicates his/her bank details as a guarantee for the reservation, except for special conditions or rates, by credit or proprietary bank card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, JCB ) by directly indicating, in the area provided for this purpose (secure entry by SSL encryption), the card number, its validity date (the bank card must be valid at the time of the stay) and the visual cryptogram. The customer must present the credit card used to guarantee the reservation or to make the prepayment to the Hotel. The Hotel may ask the guest to show proof of identity in order to prevent credit card fraud.
• The payment is debited at the Hotel during the stay, except in the case of special conditions or rates where the payment is debited at the time of reservation (online prepayment for certain rates). This prepayment is referred to as a deposit. In the case of a rate that is not prepaid online, the Hotel will ask the Customer, upon arrival, for a security deposit or authorization to debit the credit card, in order to guarantee payment of the amounts corresponding to the services consumed on site.
• In the event of a no-show (reservation not cancelled - Customer not present) of a reservation guaranteed by credit card, the Hotel will charge the Customer, as a lump sum, the amount of the first night on the credit card that was given as a guarantee for the reservation, and any additional nights of the reservation will be cancelled without charge, unless otherwise specified in the terms of sale of the reserved rate. The Client, by making a reservation, expressly authorizes the Hotel to proceed with the payment of the lump sum due.
CANCELLATION OR MODIFICATION DUE TO THE CUSTOMER.
• In accordance with Article L 121-21, 12° of the Consumer Code, the Customer does not have the right of withdrawal provided for in Article L 121-21 of the Consumer Code.
• The sales conditions of the reserved fare specify the terms of cancellation and/or modification of the reservation.
• Reservations with prepayment cannot be modified and/or cancelled. The sums paid in advance, i.e. deposits, will not be reimbursed. In this case, it is mentioned in the sales conditions of the fare.
• When the conditions of sale of the reserved fare allow it, the cancellation or modification of the reservation can be made directly with the Hotel or through the partner sites and agencies (Online Tourism Agencies) through which the reservation was made.
• In case of interruption of the stay, the full amount of the agreed price will be collected. In the case of a reservation with prepayment, no refund will be granted.
• Unless expressly agreed otherwise, the Client must leave the room before 12.00 noon on the day the reservation ends. Failure to do so will result in an additional night's stay being charged.
In the event of an exceptional event or the impossibility of making the reserved room available to the Customer or in the event of force majeure, the Hotel reserves the right to have the Customer accommodated in a hotel of an equivalent category for services of the same nature and subject to having informed the Customer in advance. Any additional cost of the room, transportation between the two hotels and a telephone call shall be borne by the hotel initially reserved.
STAYING AT THE HOTEL
• In application of the regulations in force in France, the Client will be asked to fill in a police form upon arrival at the Hotel. To do so, the Customer will be asked to present an ID in order to verify whether or not the Customer must complete the police form.
• The Hotel declines all responsibility in case of theft, loss or damage to the Client's belongings during their stay.
• The Client shall be held responsible for any damage, deterioration or vandalism that may occur as a result of occupying the premises and/or of the participants and/or the staff for whom he/she is responsible, to movable, decorative and real estate property belonging or not belonging to the hotel. Therefore, the Hotel shall have the right to ask the Client to leave the establishment without any compensation and without any refund of the stay in progress, and to claim compensation for the damage caused by these acts.
• The HOTEL LUMEN Paris Louvre is entirely non-smoking and equipped with smoke detectors. For safety reasons and out of respect for everyone, smoking is strictly prohibited in the rooms and in all common areas. Any activation of the fire alarm due to the non-respect of this prohibition will expose the Client to an additional fixed charge of 550€ to cover the cost of restoring the room, including the closing of the room for one night as well as the cost of cleaning the textile and purifying the air.
Electronic cigarettes are also prohibited.
• The Hotel Lumen Paris Louvre offers free WIFI access. The Customer undertakes not to use its computer resources for the purpose of reproduction, representation, provision or communication to the public of any goods protected by copyright or related rights without the authorization of the holders of these rights or in violation of their rights.
• Any claim must be addressed to the following address: Hotel Lumen Paris Louvre 15 rue des Pyramides - 75001 PARIS - FRANCE, within 15 days following the departure of the stay that is the subject of said complaint. After this period, no claim can be taken into account.
• Force majeure shall mean any event external to the parties that is both unforeseeable and insurmountable and that prevents either the Client or the hotelier from fulfilling all or part of the obligations provided for in the contract. Cases of force majeure or fortuitous events are considered to be those usually recognised by the case law of the French courts. This is particularly the case in the event of insurrection, riot, prohibitions issued by governmental or public authorities.
• Each party may not be held liable towards the other party in the event of non-performance of its obligations resulting from an event of force majeure. It is expressly agreed that force majeure suspends, for the parties, the performance of their mutual obligations and that each party bears the costs arising from it.
• These General Terms and Conditions of Sale and the operations arising from them are governed by and subject to French law.
• These General Terms and Conditions of Sale are written in French. In the event that they are translated into one or more foreign languages, only the French text shall be deemed authentic in the event of a dispute.
RESPECT FOR PRIVACY
• Unless otherwise stated, all data that the customer shares with L'Hôtel Lumen Paris Louvre, or collected by L'Hôtel Lumen Paris Louvre from customers while browsing the site, will be kept secret and will not be disclosed to third parties, except if required by law or if the data must be transmitted for the purpose of executing the contractual relationship to which the customer has subscribed. Third party companies and associates, including online payment companies, will only have access to this data when necessary to process orders. In such cases, L'Hôtel Lumen Paris Louvre shall ensure that the framework for the transmission of data is kept to the agreed minimum essential. L'Hôtel Lumen Paris Louvre also imposes a strict data protection policy regarding the customer's personal data. By following this policy, Hotel Lumen Paris Louvre complies with the provisions of data protection legislation.
• The hotel has a video surveillance system in the common areas of the building.
• The contract and the general conditions of sale are governed by French law.
• In the event of a dispute relating to these general terms and conditions of sale or to the performance of the contract, the Customer shall contact the Hotel's customer service department.
• In the event of a dispute that has not been resolved amicably within 30 days from the date of referral to the Customer Service Department, the Tribunal de Grande Instance de Paris shall have sole jurisdiction.
• It is specified that the documents forming the contractual commitments between the parties are the reservation form or request (including the special conditions of the rate reserved) and these general conditions. In the event of a contradiction between the booking form and the general conditions, the provisions of the booking form shall be the only ones applicable to the obligation in question.